5 Reasons Your AC Needs Professional Maintenance This Fall
The air conditioner is vitally important, especially during the hottest days of the summer. Unfortunately, you don’t always have enough warning signs of a problem with your AC until, suddenly, it’s not working right or at all. Avoid finding yourself in that situation by scheduling routine maintenance. Professional maintenance is a preventative checkup for your AC. Technicians will clean the coils, replace the filters, check for leaks and mold as well as everything else necessary to keep your AC working efficiently.
Don’t wait. The best time to do it is in the fall. Here’s why:
1. Cooler Temperatures
You use your AC less often in the fall than during the hottest months of the year. Beyond the benefit of not needing your air conditioner as often, there are three ways cooler temperatures make AC maintenance easier:
- It’s not running constantly, therefore, it’s easier to check for and resolve problems
- Mold and mildew growth slows down, which means that if you have a mold problem, it’s easier to get it fixed in the fall
- If there is a problem that requires you to temporarily stop using the AC for maintenance or replacement, it’s easier to do that during the fall than the months when you use it the most
2. There’s Less of a Demand
Fewer people have problems with their AC during the fall and winter, which means it’s easier to schedule an appointment for maintenance.
3. Improved Efficiency Means Lower Electric Bills
Like any appliance, air conditioners work most efficiently when they’re properly maintained. A more efficient AC means the unit spends less energy cooling your home. In turn, you spend less money on your energy bills.
4. Improved Indoor Air Quality
Professional maintenance includes replacing the filters and cleaning the different parts of the AC unit. This leads to better indoor air quality in your home.
5. It’ll Be There When You Need It in the Summer
Preventive maintenance is the best way to increase the lifespan of your AC. You may need it less often now, but you’ll definitely want your AC to be able to work at full capacity in just a few more months.
Our Maintenance Services
If you need routine maintenance for your AC, schedule an appointment with us at Crocker Refrigeration Heating & Air in Santa Barbara, CA. Our highly experienced team of certified technicians offers a free price quote and an industry-best warranty. We’ll be happy to ensure that you stay comfy as your air conditioner works optimally throughout the summer.